The Central Corridor Coalition urges the initiation of passenger train service between Brattleboro, Amherst, Palmer, Storrs, Willimantic, New London, a route with existing freight tracks available to make a larger contribution to the region’s economic development.
The route serves:
- Two large state universities: U-Mass and U-Conn, whose 52,000 students account for 35% of the total New England student population.
- 11 smaller colleges like Amherst College and Connecticut College (the tracks run through both campuses)
- Mohegan Sun Resort and Casino: Destination for more than 1 million visitors
- Commuters who travel between Willimantic, Norwich and New London
- Regional travelers from and to the area and nearby cities reached by existing or planned connecting trains and ferries to Long Island.
Please sign up at right for our mailing list stay in touch about further developments and opportunities to support this regional priority. We urge you to write a letter to the editor and to contact your elected representatives with your support. Thank you!